New Citroën C4 Cactus: The Ultra-Comfortable Hatchback from £17,265 MRRP OTR
- January 27, 2018
- Automakers, New Models, Production, Products, More Categories...
- Posted by admin
- Leave your thoughts
New Citroën C4 Cactus hatchback is now available to order in the UK, priced from just £17,265 OTR. Benefitting from the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme, this new model represents a European premiere for the brand’s new suspension system with Progressive Hydraulic Cushions™ and a world first for its Advanced Comfort® seats. New C4 Cactus combines the personality of the original C4 Cactus with the class-leading comfort of the C4.
New Citroën C4 Cactus is now available to order in the UK, featuring a host of exterior and interior styling, engineering, technology and connectivity updates. There are two core trim levels to choose from – Feel and Flair – plus, for a limited time only, the availability of a Feel Edition model with a PureTech 82 petrol engine. Pricing for the new C-segment hatchback starts from just £17,265 OTR. First deliveries of New C4 Cactus are expected at the beginning of April.
The Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme is at the very heart of New C4 Cactus, with features and technologies designed to emphasise a feeling of reassurance, comfort and calm. This fresh new model takes driver and passenger well-being to a new level, setting the standard for comfort through the world premiere of the brand’s Advanced Comfort® seats and the European debut of the eagerly-anticipated new suspension system with Progressive Hydraulic Cushions™.
A MODERN HATCHBACK WITH A DISTINCTIVE PERSONALITY
New C4 Cactus stands out with its unique presence, flowing curves and well-balanced design. Its overall look has been updated to further enhance its appeal amongst C-segment hatchback buyers, while strengthening its powerful and energetic image. The new model boasts an extended range of external personalisation options, with nine body colours – including a new Emerald Blue metallic paint – and four Colour Packs, giving a total of 31 possible combinations.
Nimble and responsive with its compact exterior dimensions (4.17m long, 1.71m wide, and 1.48m high), New C4 Cactus delivers occupant comfort and genuine versatility in cities, suburbs and out on the open road.
A NEW DEFINITION OF COMFORT, ACCESSIBLE TO ALL
With its enhanced soundproofing, New C4 Cactus takes comfort to the next level to boost well-being and relaxation on-board. The suspension with Progressive Hydraulic Cushions™ is a European first and is standard specification on Feel and Flair trim levels. This next-generation technology absorbs road imperfections for a magic carpet ride effect, without adversely affecting the car’s handling or driving pleasure.
Spacious, light and welcoming, the passenger compartment is a true cocoon of comfort, with soft fabrics and soothing colours. New C4 Cactus offers a choice of four distinct interior ambiances in the UK. The Wild Grey ambiance is standard fit on Feel and Flair versions, along with Advanced Comfort® seats. Customers have a further choice of three different interiors that each deliver a unique feel, including Metropolitan Red with its dark red dashboard; Hype Red combining Beige Nappa Leather with Beige fabric and red colour touches; and Hype Grey with a more traditional interior feel and Black half-leather seats.
As well as bolstered support and height-adjustments for the driver and the front passenger, the Advanced Comfort® seats feature adjustable lumbar support for the driver. The exceptional comfort is assured by the foam and high-density layer used within each seat. The construction delivers the correct support, which is particularly beneficial on long journeys. The softness of the foam, the extra padding and the overall appearance of the seats mean there is an impression of comfort even before you get into the car.
A RANGE OF TECHNOLOGIES AT THE HEART OF THE COMPACT HATCHBACK SEGMENT
New C4 Cactus packs in all of the segment-essential technologies with 12 driving assistance systems to make every day driving easier and safer:
• Active Safety Brake – Reduces the risk of a collision by braking in place of the driver. The multi-purpose camera at the top of the windscreen detects obstacles, for example a vehicle moving in the same direction or when stopped. The system engages the brakes automatically when a risk of collision is detected, from 3mph (5 km/h) to 52mph (85 km/h).
• Speed Limit Recognition and Recommendation – Recognises speed signs and displays the information on the instrument panel. The speed can be registered as an instruction for the speed limiter/cruise control with one simple instruction.
• Lane Departure Warning System – Active at speeds of over 37mph (60 km/h), the system detects the accidental crossing of continuous or dotted white lines when the indicator has not been used. It warns the driver via a sound signal and visual alert on the instrument panel.
• Coffee Break Alert – This feature prompts the driver to consider taking a break after they have been driving for two hours at speeds above 43mph (70 km/h).
• Driver Attention Alert – Warns the driver when the system detects lateral movement relative to the road or lane margins using the multi-function camera at the top of the windscreen. The feature is especially suited to motorway use at speeds over 40mph (65 km/h).
• Blind Spot Monitoring System – Lights in the door mirrors warn the driver if a vehicle is present in the blind spot on either side of the car.
• Park Assist* – Makes parking easier and safer. This system provides active assistance for parallel and perpendicular parking. On the driver’s request, the feature automatically detects a parking space then safely steers the car into it. *Available during the first half of 2018.
• Reversing Camera – When the driver selects reverse gear, a camera displays the rear view of the vehicle on the 7-inch touchscreen. The image is supplemented by colour reference points indicating proximity to any obstacles. This extended vision makes for easy manoeuvres.
• Hill Start Assist – To make hill starts easier, this system prevents any undesired vehicle movement on inclines when the brake pedal is released. The function activates on inclines of over 3% by holding the vehicle in position for two seconds.
• Front Fog Lights with Cornering Function – Depending on the angle of the steering wheel, the left or right fog light activates in addition to the main headlights to illuminate up to a 75° angle to the right or left of the vehicle. The system operates at speeds above 24mph (40 km/h).
• Keyless Entry and Start – This system allows the driver to lock, unlock and start the car without taking the key out of their pocket.
• Grip Control® – Enables the vehicle to adapt its front wheel grip depending on the surface (snow, mud, sand etc.)
The 7-inch touchscreen groups together all of the key vehicle functions, such as the air conditioning, radio and telephone. New C4 Cactus promises continuous connectivity and infotainment. Other practical and easy-to-use connectivity technologies include voice-controlled 3D navigation via Citroën Connect Nav, Citroën Connect Box with Emergency & Assistance and Mirror Screen functionality with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay™ and MirrorLink®.
The PureTech 82 manual Feel Edition will be available until the end of May 2018. The model is based on the Feel trim level with the addition of the Metropolitan Red interior ambiance. Featuring Advanced Comfort® seats and Citroën’s signature 16-inch black ‘Square’ alloy wheels, the Feel Edition comes with a Deep Red Colour Pack that includes red fog light surrounds and Airbump® highlights. The standard body colour is Polar White with the option of Cumulus Grey, Platinum Grey, Obsidian Black metallic paints and a Pearlescent White finish.
ENGINES AND TRANSMISSIONS
New C4 Cactus range is available with three 3-cylinder PureTech petrol engines and the highly efficient BlueHDi 100 S&S diesel, as well as the latest generation EAT6 fully automatic gearbox.
MODEL RANGE & PRICING
|TRIM||ENGINE||CO2 (g/km)||MRRP OTR|
|Feel||PureTech 110 S&S manual||100||£17,965.00|
|PureTech 130 S&S 6-speed manual||110||£18,765.00|
|BlueHDi 100 S&S manual||90||£18,995.00|
|Feel Edition||PureTech 82 manual||105||£17,265.00|
|Flair||PureTech 110 S&S manual||100||£19,865.00|
|PureTech 110 S&S EAT6 auto||105||£21,165.00|
|PureTech 130 S&S 6-speed manual||110||£20,665.00|
|BlueHDi 100 S&S manual||92||£20,895.00|